Son of Joseph & Pauline Luczka (Skrypeeka). Born in St Alban’s, Herts on 28th March 1911. Educated at St Bede’s College, Manchester; Osterley 1928-30 & Oscott 1930-36. Ordained by Bishop Moriarty at Our Lady’s, Stockport on 14th June 1936.
Curate: St Werburgh’s, Birkenhead 1936-41; Sacred Heart, Moreton 1941-43; St Alban’s, Liscard 1943-48 (in this parish people referred to him as the ‘Polish gentleman’); St Mary’s, Dukinfield 1948-49. Parish Priest: St Walburgh, Plowden 1949-53 (after this Plowden was placed in the care of the Montfort Fathers who were given the parish of Ludlow); St John’s, Bridgnorth 1953-91 (as his predecessor was at Bridgnorth from 1911 between the two of them the parish had only two priests for eighty years). Honary Canon 1986.
He retired to 17 Innage Crescent, Bridgnorth and died on 16th December 1994 and is buried in Cheadle, Cheshire.
Information supplied by Canon E.M. Abbott; Middleton Priors RC School and St John’s, Bridgnorth (1992 and 1993) both by C. Magner; SYB 1996 p109; Oscott College 1838-1988 ed by J. Champ; Bapt. Cert. (SS Alban & Stephen)