Son of Thomas & Mary Hughes (Marsden) born in Stockport on 14th March 1883. Educated at Cotton, Ushaw and the English College, Rome 1903-10. Ordained by Archbishop Ceppetelli in Apollinari chapel, Rome on 1st Novemebr 1909.
Curate St Joseph’s, Seacombe 1910-14; St Vincent’s, Altrincham 1924-17; Chaplain to the Forces 1917-19; curate St Alban’s, Liscard 1919-25. Parish Priest at Wilmslow 1925-56.
Related to Mgr Marsden (qv) and Canon Mottram (qv). He died on 30th November 1956 and is buried in Wilmslow.