Son of Ted & Mary Mullaley. Born on 8th February 1956 at Royal Air Force Shawbury in Shropshire.
He trained for the priesthood at Oscott College between 1979 and 1986, during which he did a short Church Student summer placement at St Alban’s in 1983. He was ordained priest on 25th January 1986 at Shrewsbury Cathedral.
Between 1986 and 1989 he was Assistant Priest at St Wilfrid’s Northwich; Between 1989 and 1992 he was Assistant Priest at St Saviour’s Great Sutton, Ellesmere Port; Between 1992 and 1997 he resided in St Anthony’s, Woodhouse Park and Sacred Heart, Baguley whilst serving as Chaplain to Wythenshawe Hospital in South Manchester; Between 1997 and 1999 he was Assistant Priest at St Alban’s Liscard; Between 1999 and 2005 he was Parish Priest at Our Lady of Lourdes in Partington in the South Trafford area of our Diocese; From 2005 to the present he has been Parish Priest in the Our Lady’s and St Bernard’s Parishes of Ellesmere Port