Son of Robert and Emma Cecilia Morrissy (Aurnheimer). Born in Brazil 1872. His father was a merchant.
Educated at Baycliffe House, Windsor and Ushaw 1889-1898. Ordained at Ushaw on 5th June 1898. Professor at Ushaw 1898-1900. Curate Our Lady’s, Birkenhead 1900; Curate St Alban’s, Liscard 1900-1907; Rector St John the Evangelist, Bridgnorth 1907-1909; Rector St Vincent de Paul, Knutsford 1909-1917. Died 6th May 1917 and is buried in St Mary’s churchyard, Bowdon, Altrincham in his father’s grave.
A gentle priest who courageously fought ill-health for half of his time in the priesthood. His brother James was Ordained for the diocese of Hexam & Newcastle, but joined Lancaster diocese on its formation in 1924.